Awards Honor Lex Mundi Member Law Firms for Providing Critical Pro Bono Legal Services and Support to Social Impact Organizations
(Washington, DC, May 5, 2022) The 13th Annual Lex Mundi Pro Bono Foundation Awards were announced during the 2022 Lex Mundi Connect + Collaborate Annual Conference in Edinburgh on Thursday, April 28, 20022. These awards honor Lex Mundi member law firms that provide critical pro bono legal services – helping to strengthen the global rule of law, support the global social entrepreneurship movement, and improve lives, the environment, and communities around the world.
The Lex Mundi Pro Bono Foundation (the “Foundation”) was proud to recognize the following award recipients:
- Morrison & Foerster LLP, Lex Mundi member for USA, California
- Claro & Cia., Lex Mundi member for Chile
- Noerr, Lex Mundi member for Germany
- The Legal Circle, Lex Mundi member for Bangladesh
- Liedekerke Wolters Waelbroeck Kirkpatrick, Lex Mundi member for Belgium
“Lex Mundi member firms are critical allies supporting social entrepreneurs’ great efforts. They help these organizations to start, grow, and achieve their powerful missions. The 2022 honorees demonstrate how members of the Lex Mundi Network are using their pro bono resources, time, and expertise to make a tremendous impact with many of the world’s leading social ventures. Our member firm recipients, leading law firms in their jurisdictions, are committed to growing and strengthening pro bono culture, and thereby, the global ESG movement,” said the Foundation’s Managing Director, Isis Bous.
Inspired changemakers work around the world to improve access to education, fight disease, reduce inequalities, combat global warming, protect civil rights, lift people out of poverty, and more. For every grand challenge, there are dedicated social entrepreneurs working on innovative solutions. They are, without question, more successful when they have access to quality pro bono legal advice. And the same characteristics that make Lex Mundi member firms valuable counsel to leading international corporations also make them powerful resources for these social enterprises.
Examples of the diverse group of social entrepreneurs supported by this year’s honorees, as well as other firms within Lex Mundi’s global network, include:
- Appleseed: helping innovative social impact organizations use a strategic marketing approach to drive sustained adoption of their products and services.
- ID2020: a global public-private partnership that harnesses the collective power of nonprofits, corporations, and governments to promote the adoption and ethical implementation of user-managed, privacy-protecting, and portable digital identity solutions.
- Greenwave: a nonprofit organization training and supporting regenerative ocean farmers to create jobs and protect the planet.
- TheImpact: improving the probability and pace of solving social and environmental problems by increasing the flow of capital to investments that generate measurable impact.
- Welcoming America: a nonprofit leading a movement of inclusive communities becoming more prosperous by ensuring everyone belongs, including immigrants.
With more than 15 years of service dedicated to social enterprises, Lex Mundi member firms have provided critical pro bono support to nearly 1,000 social entrepreneurs on more than 2,000 projects through the Foundation. Lex Mundi lawyers help social enterprises scale faster, expand reach, secure funding, and ultimately achieve greater success.
About the Lex Mundi Pro Bono Foundation
The Lex Mundi Pro Bono Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit affiliate of Lex Mundi. The Foundation’s mission is to engage Lex Mundi’s global network of leading independent law firms to support and empower those working to bring about high impact and sustainable change that improves the environment, communities, and lives. Lex Mundi lawyers provide critical pro bono legal services to the world’s leading social entrepreneurs.
About Lex Mundi
Lex Mundi is the world’s leading network of independent law firms delivering consistent, high-quality advice that is critical to solving complex cross-border challenges. Our carefully vetted, and continuously reviewed, top-tier member firms uphold the highest-level service standards while offering preferred access to more than 22,000+ lawyers worldwide in more than 125 countries. Supported by client-focused methods, innovative technologies, joint learning and training, member firms collaborate across borders and industries to deliver joined-up solutions focused on real business results for clients.
Through our innovative service delivery model, clients have the ability to assemble an ideal international legal team, with the best lawyers in the jurisdictions that match their unique footprint, flexed to their most significant legal challenges.
Lex Mundi member law firms are located throughout Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean and North America. Through our nonprofit affiliate, the Lex Mundi Pro Bono Foundation, our members also provide pro bono legal assistance to social entrepreneurs around the globe.
For more information, please visit www.lexmundi.com and www.lexmundiprobono.org.